Adopted Budget and Budget Elements
Harris County Department of Education’s budget is an annually revised document that describes the financial performance and the detailed financial allocations made to maintain department operations for the proposed budget year.
HCDE’s annual budget for the fiscal year 2021-2022 is $154,234,536.
Fiscal Year Annual Budget
The budget reflects the allocation of revenues and expenditures to support the programs and services .
Districts in Texas are required by law to prepare annually a budget for the General Fund, the Debt Service Fund, and the Food Service Program. HCDE does not have a food service program. HCDE has a General Fund, Debt Service Fund, Special Revenue Funds, Capital Projects Fund, Internal Service Fund and Enterprise Fund. The following budget documents are the original budgets adopted by the Board of Trustees. The Business Office performs budget reviews during the year in which budget requirements are reevaluated and revisions are recommended to the Board. Budget amendments are presented each month for board approval.
HCDE has participated in the Association of School Business Officials' Meritorious Budget Award for the last eight years in a row.
HCDE also participates in the Government Finance Officers Association's Distinguished Budget Presentation Award program. HCDE has received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the past eight years.
Fiscal Year 2023-2024
Fiscal Year 2022-2023
- View the FY 2022-2023 HCDE Board Budget Book
- View the FY 2022-2023 Budget Profile Dollars and Cents
- View the FY 2022-2023 Notice for Hearing to Discuss Budget
Fiscal Year 2021-2022
- View the FY 2021-2022 HCDE Budget Book
- View the FY 2021-2022 HCDE Board Budget Book
- View the FY 2021-2022 Second Board Budget Workshop
- View the Key Dates Received from the Harris County Tax Office
- View the FY21 Budget Profile Dollars and Cents
- View the FY22 Budget Profile Dollars and Cents
Additional Budget Documents and Archives
Financial Operations Guidelines (FOG)
Board Budget Committee Workbook
Board Budget Committee Workshops
Raw Searchable Budget
Dr. Jesus J. Amezcua, Assistant Superintendent for Business Services
Katrina Cary, Executive Assistant to the Assistant Superintendent for Business Services