Introducing the 2021-2022 Partnership Project
Partnership Project’s goal is to provide supplemental funding for comprehensive afterschool programs to promote social and emotional learning (SEL) skills, increased support of numeracy and literacy development for economically disadvantaged students between the ages of 4 and 12 or up to the age of 19 with a documented disability. In addition, supplemental funding will assist in program quality improvement and program expansion. CASE for Kids will provide funded projects with additional support for numeracy and literacy integration and SEL into academic and enrichment activities, as well as site-based assessment and coaching to improve overall program quality. Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to provide comprehensive programming and utilize CASE for Kids’ funds as an additional resource to target students in need of academic assistance.
The CASE for Kids Partnership Project is the result of collaboration between HCDE, the Houston-Galveston Area Council (HGAC), the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), and awarded sites. HCDE commits local funds to supplement comprehensive afterschool programming. Both HCDE and the site matched dollars activate a commitment of federal childcare funds for quality improvement for school-age youth through TWC. This allows HCDE to provide a variety of resources to selected sites such as: site visits, training, and access to curriculum and materials through a free lending library.
Access the application:
- 2021-2022 Partnership Project Request for Proposals (RFP) #21/055KJ
- 2021-2022 CASE for Kids Partnership Project Site Application
- 2021-2022 Partnership Project Request for Proposal Organization Application
- Application Deadline - Friday, June 11, 2021, by 4 p.m.
- Grant Term Period - October 1, 2021 - July 31, 2022
- Award Announcement - Friday, June 25, 2021 via www.hcde-texas.org/afterschoolzone
Request for Proposal Workshop (Optional)
- Workshop date: Thursday, May 13, 2021, 10-11 a.m., via Zoom
- Missed the workshop? Click here for a recording of the RFP workshop via Zoom