- CASE for Kids
- Making Afterschool Cool Blog
Center for Afterschool, Summer and Enrichment (CASE) for Kids
Afterschool Zone Home
- About Afterschool Zone
- CASE for Kids Programs & Services
- Funding Opportunities
- Out-of-School Time (OST) Activities & Lessons
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Making Afterschool Cool Blog
- Making Afterschool Cool Podcast
- Contact Our Staff
Making Afterschool Cool Blog
Help Wanted: Join Our Team!Posted by Kathleen Evans on 11/1/2021 3:00:00 AM
Now hiring - Wendy's offers flexibility in scheduling, competitive pay, meal discounts and the opportunity to grow your career.
Kroger is looking for 500 associates for the holidays! We are committed to offering associates a culture of opportunity and career with purpose, competitive pay and benefits, and flexible schedules.
Kick start your career at Taco Bell! Taco Bell corporate employees, along with those at participating franchises, will have access to up to $5,250 per calendar year in tuition assistance, including books and supplies, paid up front to avoid out-of-pocket costs.
Have you been seeing these advertisements and signs posted all over the area? It seems like every company is looking for employees today. It is very hard if you must compete to get quality staff for your OST program. Here are a couple of tips that may prove helpful.
- Colleges and universities may be a great place to look for part-time employees. CASE for Kids has a handy list of career centers and job boards for local colleges and universities.
- Connect to your former afterschool program staff and ask them for referrals and recommendations. If your budget allows, consider incentives.
- Since parents have a vested interest in your program, and want the best for their kids, ask them for referrals and provide incentives.
- Use contacts in the neighborhood where your program is located. Consider posting on NextDoor or other community listservs.
- Highlight the positives of the position in any advertisements. Let potential applicants know about the fun of working in afterschool as well as the impact their work in OST can have on the future. They will not get that benefit flipping burgers.
- Make sure that your ads are eye catching! The Afterschool Alliance 2021 Staff Recruitment Toolkit includes editable user-friendly graphics that you can use to meet your needs.
Hopefully these resources will make the recruiting and hiring process easier for your program. CASE for Kids can also aid with professional development once your staff are in place. Our training calendar includes live and virtual workshops, recorded webinars, and access to a 24/7 eLearning platform. Remember that the research shows that time spent in high-quality settings has a positive influence on children’s outcomes and well trained teachers are key to creating quality experiences.
Lights On AfterschoolPosted by Dr. Lisa Caruthers, Director, HCDE CASE for Kids Division on 10/18/2021 9:00:00 PM
After 22 years of Lights On Afterschool, it is good to know that the founding principles of celebrating afterschool programs are still being heralded today. The goals of maintaining high quality afterschool programming that supports youth while keeping them safe, healthy, happy, and thriving are just as much a part of the work today as they were in the year 2000 when the celebration began.
This year in commemoration of Lights On Afterschool, CASE for Kids wants to recognize all programs within our network that have done the work to improve access to quality afterschool and OST services. Special recognition goes to our recent pilot initiative, County Connections. This Harris County funded initiative which supported services to afterschool programs throughout Harris County is a shining example of capacity building that further enriches the lives and experiences of youth in programming.
CASE for Kids celebrates the extraordinary work that all our OST programs provide daily to keep our students learning and striving. Thank you all for keeping the lights on!
Visit the Lights On Afterschool website