Apply for Early Head Start for 2021–2022
Harris County Department of Education operates 15 Head Start (3–5 years of age) and five Early Head Start (6–35 months of age) campuses in north and east Harris County. Additionally, students newborn–35 months of age are served through our Early Head Start Child Care Partnerships. Instrucciones para postularse en español.
STEP 2: Submit Application
Once you have determined the campus nearest to you, complete the appropriate application below.
NOTE: Submit only ONE application. To apply for more than one child (siblings), select the form based on the age of your oldest child applying and include the names of all children on that form.
You will be contacted by a Head Start staff member to complete the application. Please have the following documents available to finalize your application:
- Proof of your child's age: State birth certificate, state birth facts or passport
- Proof of your address: Lease or mortgage document, utility or phone bill, driver's license or state ID, benefits letter or paycheck stub
- Proof of your income: Tax document (W2, 1040, 1099), 12 months of paycheck stubs, child support payment record, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) awards letter or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) award letter
- Proof of your identification: Driver's license, state ID or passport
- Proof of your child's immunizations: Child's most up-to-date shot record
- Additional items: Child's health insurance card, child's last dental exam and child's last physical exam