All About HCDE Services: Interactive Brochure
Harris County Department of Education provides educational resources to school districts and the general public throughout Harris County and beyond. Services include adult education, programs to promote safe schools, after-school programs, therapy services, professional development for educators, special schools, alternative certification for principals and teachers, and Head Start programs. We offer purchasing procurement, grant development, program research and evaluation, school finance support and records management. Since 1889, our services continue to evolve to meet the needs of our education public.
HCDE is dedicated to the equalization of educational opportunity and to the advancement of public schools. We impact the
educational community through visionary leadership, shared resources and innovative programs.
Harris County Department of Education:
Catalyst for Excellence in Educating All Learners.
Harris County Department of Education will:
- Implement research initiatives assessing community educational needs.
- Partner with community businesses to research career readiness.
- Develop effective programs securing/promoting educational success for every learner.
- Gather data informing the educational community of proven strategies.
- Create innovative delivery systems and models promoting learning.
- Inform, educate and train educators.
- Leverage resources for the best outcomes.