Want to know what it's like to come work at HCDE?
Make a Difference for a Child!
HCDE's School-Based Therapy Services provides meaningful support to children in area school districts through Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Music Therapy services. Our therapists make a difference every day while experiencing a rewarding career and work-life balance. Therapists who switch to HCDE enjoy many benefits not often found, including:
- Family-friendly work schedules
- Professional development at no cost
- Supportive management team and mentoring
- Comprehensive health/life insurance benefits
- Mileage reimbursement
If you have questions or would like more information, please call Bernice Valenzuela at 713-696-8225 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Offer Our Staff
Our therapists are supported by a management team of experienced occupational therapists and physical therapists who understand what it’s like to work in the school setting. While employees are given the independence to work as professionals, support is always available when needed. HCDE's School-Based Therapy Services support staff are always courteous and helpful in supporting employees’ needs. New employees are provided a thorough orientation in their practice setting and mentored as they develop their skills.
Opportunities for meaningful professional growth are a priority. That’s why we offer three days of in-house continuing education each year as well as allotments for additional continuing education. Employees are kept abreast of changes in the law and best practice. An extensive library includes books, professional journals, and evaluation tools.
HCDE's School-Based Therapy Services offers work during the school year for employees who want time off in summer to be with their families. An array of full and part-time positions is available. Therapists are never expected to work overtime or weekends. With positions in many of the school districts, employees can often work close to home, keeping commute times and fuel costs low.
Employees of HCDE's School-Based Therapy Services enjoy a work atmosphere of integrity. Employees are expected to work in ways that are consistent with professional ethics and in compliance with licensure rules. Therapy Services does the right things for the right reasons–helping children achieve their goals.
HCDE's School-Based Therapy Services values each of our excellent employees. Input from employees helps us create systems to make employees' jobs as efficient as possible and design professional development that best meets their needs. Our employees know they are valued as people engaged in meaningful careers, not just workers getting a job done.
See what a few of our talented employees have to say:
- It is very rewarding to help children with special needs succeed in the school setting. KY, Katy ISD
- I love collaborating with teachers, parents, and the special ed team to help the students excel in their education. SO, CyFair ISD
- I love working with children and helping them reach their full potential. TG, Spring ISD
- It offers a great family / life balance. JL, Spring Branch ISD
- It is so exciting to see the student’s faces light up when they do something independently. BP, Houston ISD
- Every day brings a new challenge, a new example of resilience and determination in students, and a new example of a caring and dedicated educational team. RA, Houston ISD
- I have the pleasure of making a tangible difference in the lives of children, teachers, and parents. I enjoy using creativity to offer workable solutions to help my kids access their educational environment. CB, Katy ISD