Harris County Department of Education is a full-service provider of education resources. Our primary clients include school districts, citizens, municipalities, and non-profit entities across and beyond Harris County. We employ administrators, teachers, substitute teachers, therapists, paraprofessionals, custodial employees and others. Applications are accepted and processed throughout the year.
It is our Board Policy for all new hires to undergo a background and fingerprint check prior to start of a job. For certain positions, an official transcript from school or university is also required.
Why join HCDE?
Other than making a difference in the life of a learner, here are a few more reasons to join Harris County’s very first school district:
- Enjoy flexible hours and an academic calendar that includes both spring and winter breaks
- Increase your retirement wealth by participating in both the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) and Social-Security
- Join a respected, 120-year-old education institution
- Unite with over 1,000 other employees who love their jobs
- Enjoy a family-friendly work schedule with major holidays and vacation leave
- Benefit from ongoing professional development and the possibility of continual career advancement
- Receive a competitive salary and benefits
- We need you!
Learn more about our Alternative Certification program.