Seminar Series for Leaders
Join us for the 2017-2018 Leadership Matters Series Seminars
- Sept. 9, 2017 - How New Leaders Can Conquer Team Challenges and Structure School Success
- Nov. 11, 2017 - Principal's Role in Transforming School Culture
- Feb. 3, 2018 - Building Equitable and Excellent Schools to Meet the Needs of Diverse Learners
- Apr. 7, 2018 - Restoring Hope/Making Possibilities
To register, visit www.hcde-texas.org/register (search by title).
Don't miss the Early Bird Specials for this series!
Leadership Matters is open to the public (enrollment in Principal Academy is not required).
Principal Preparation and Certification Academy
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Currently hold an advanced degree (master’s or higher) from an accredited university or be in the last semester of completing an advanced degree
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in a PK-12 setting
- Record of successful leadership experience within professional or community activities
- Successful completion of application process
- Accelerated delivery model allows for shorter time to reach certification goal
- Convenience of once-a-month weekend seminars (Saturday)
- Experts-in-the-field instructors with extensive hands-on knowledge of the craft
- Small cohorts allow for personalization and one-on-one feedback
- Engage in hands-on common field experiences with extensive support and feedback from program personnel
- Conduct action research to gain practice with developing systems for school change
- Gain valuable facilitative leadership skills that can be utilized immediately in your current position
- Engage in reflective practice with support from colleagues and program personnel
- Successful completion of the Texas Principal EC-12 certification; and
- Increase the knowledge and skill sets required for exemplary practice in the field of campus-level educational leadership
For details, visit the program framework.