GED and English as a second language classes begin in January at more than 60 Harris County Department of Education locations. HCDE provides the classes free of charge. Communities served include North Forest, Cypress-Fairbanks, Katy, Alief, Spring Branch, Klein, Sheldon, Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Goose Creek (Baytown), Crosby, Huffman, Galena Park and Channelview. Space is limited. Access www.hcde-texas.org
(adult education) for class locations and schedule, or call
(713) 692-6216 for a location in your neighborhood.
Harris County Department of Education’s Adult Education has a 30-year track record of success with adult learners.
HCDE Adult Education provides:
• Curriculum based on state standards
• Adult education program established since the early 1980s
• Trained and qualified teachers
• Textbooks, computer-aided instruction and distance education
• Career counseling services for enrolled students